Do you want to know how to change your username on Roblox? Maybe you’ve had the same username for years and you’re ready for a change. Or maybe you just joined Roblox and you want to choose a more unique name.
No matter what your reason is, this guide will show you how to change your username on Roblox. Keep reading to learn how to change your username in Roblox games easily.
How to Change Your Username on Roblox
If you want to change your username on Roblox, then it is pretty simple. However, you will have to spend some Robux to do so.
- First, open the Account Settings page on Roblox.com. You can access this page by clicking on the gear icon in the top-right corner of the website.
- Now, click on the “Account Info” tab from the right pane of the window.
- Next, scroll down to “Username” and click on the Edit option next to it. Note that you will have to be at least 13 years old to change your username.
- Finally, enter the new username that you want to use, enter your password, and click on “Change Username”.
- Now, click on “Buy” and pay 1000 Robux to change the username successfully.
Note that you can only change your username once every 30 days. Also, changing your username will require you to spend 1000 Robux.
What is a Username on Roblox?
The username on Roblox refers to the username that you use to sign in to Roblox. This is how other players will identify you on the platform, so it’s important to make sure your username is unique and represents who you are.
When new users join Roblox, they’re given a temporary name with numbers attached at the end. If you don’t like your temporary username, you can change it to something more permanent.
What Happens When You Change Your Username?
When you change your username on Roblox, all of the data associated with that name will be transferred to the new one. This includes:
- Friends list (and requests) – All friend requests and current friends will be transferred over. If you have any outstanding friend requests, the new name will be shown to that person.
- Chat history – The chat logs for your username will still show up with the new one.
- Group membership roles and rights – If you’re an administrator or moderator of a group on Roblox, those rights won’t change when you change your username.
- Place ownership and access – If you are the owner of a place, the new username will not be automatically given access to that place. You will need to give them permissions manually.
- Game data – Your game progress (e.g., levels, coins, etc.) will be transferred when you change your username.
Why Should You Change Your Username on Roblox?
There are a few reasons why you might want to change your username on Roblox. For example, maybe you’ve had the same username for years and you’re ready for a change. Or maybe you just joined Roblox and you want to choose a more unique name. No matter what your reason is, you can change your username.
Can You Change Your Username On Roblox For Free?
No, you cannot change your username on Roblox for free. If you want to change your name, then you will have to buy the “Change Username” game pass from the Catalog for 1000 Robux.
This is how other players will identify you on the platform, so it’s important to make sure your username is unique and represents who you are.
Restrictions or Guidelines For Changing Username on Roblox
Here are the restrictions or guidelines that you need to follow while changing the username on Roblox.
- You can change your name only once per 30 days, if you have already changed your name in the last 30 days then you will not be able to do so until 35 more days(minimum).
- Your new username should match our community guideline standards and must not violate anyone’s rights.
- You can’t choose a username that’s already taken.
- You will have to spend 1000 Robux in order to change your username.
- You have to be at least 13 years old to change your username and it is subjected to Robux charges.
- All of the data associated with your previous name will be transferred to your new one when you make the switch. This includes friends, chat logs, group memberships, place ownership, and game progress.
So this was how you can easily change the name of your Roblox account. We hope, after reading this article, you will be able to do it by yourself. If you have any doubts, please feel free to ask us in the comments. Stay tuned to Robloxids.net to get more useful posts from us.